Welcome to Farm Quilter

Enjoy your stay under the variable skies of Eastern Washington and watch the seasons change, from planting to harvest here on the farm...be sure to wrap up in a quilt during the winter, it's cold!!

Friday, January 24, 2020

Project Quilting Challenge 11.2 - Team Colors



Since I'm not a big follower of professional sports, I went back to the university I got my B.S and M.Ed. degrees from - University of Nevada, Reno.

I found a picture of the logo and drew it as well as I could on to fusible.  Of course, I forgot to reverse it, so with the one facing the proper direction, I am making a cover for my Kindle...it's not finished yet, but I did make myself a mug rug/snack mat!

I love these little scissors!  I keep them by my sewing machine, another pair on my ironing board, and another on my longarm!!  Love cutting out those little details!
Second one, so it will be heading right, in the correct direction!
I did sew around the edge with a straight stitch, to make sure everything stayed in place - I know fusible isn't forever!!
I had fun with the quilting!  I used So Fine in white and dark blue...I was bold and did some quilting on the white fabric with the dark blue.  I miss my longarm!!  I also did a faux piping binding (the binding matches the backing, I forgot to take a picture of it), so I easily sewed it down on the front with the dark blue So Fine.  The school colors are dark blue, silver and white.  I found a beautiful silvery grey in my stash and used it.
This is how I intend to use my mug rug/snack mat!!  My beautiful mug (in my favorite color) was a gift from a friend in England, Susie, who started out as a reader and became so much more!!

Thank you, Kim, of Persimmon Dreams, for these challenges!!  I'm having so much fun stretching myself, especially with my quilting on my DSM!!  I'll be linking up with Kim on her blog.  #pqseason11




4 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

VERY cool mug rug/snack mat for Project QUILTING!!

Carol R. said...

Great project! :)

PersimonDreams said...

love this creation! Beautiful!

Susie said...

So sorry I am behind with your posts, it has been well manic is one word to use!!!!!

I love your mug rug and it also reminds me of the Dire Wolf from The Starks of Game of Thrones!!!! Dual purpose mug rug. I am so glad you loved that mug, it is from the pottery just up the road from our village and we have a different "pattern" for our dinnerware. It is really hardwearing.

Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Susie xx