Welcome to Farm Quilter

Enjoy your stay under the variable skies of Eastern Washington and watch the seasons change, from planting to harvest here on the farm...be sure to wrap up in a quilt during the winter, it's cold!!

Saturday, January 25, 2020

Epic Failure

Well, I had made a cover for my Kindle in 2011, so I thought this would be a breeze.  Yeah, nope!  My last cover actually held my Kindle.  I have a cover for my current Kindle and I was planning to cover the cover.  Totally different animal!!  I could not make it work, so I make another snack mat.  Sewing down the binding showed me that I need to take my machine in for a "clean up and fix my tension" visit with the technician.  It's time, I guess.  But I now have another snack mat, with the wolf facing the right way!!
I will be spending some time with Jack the Ripper tonight, taking out the fancy stitching that closed the binding and I'll be hand sewing the binding down.  Sigh...I don't like Jack and I don't like hand sewing, but there is no option!

I hope your Saturday sewing was less frustrating then mine was!!

5 comments:

Farm Quilter said...

Not so much, but not that kind of frustration. =) The mat looks good, anyway. My son's Kindle is square and mine's a rectangle, so we are WAY different. I just buy a cover I like for $10 - way easier. LOL

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW sorry that your plan didn't work out! Another snack mat isn't really a problem, is it? More snacks. Yay!!

Raewyn said...

Some things just don't go according to plan :-( But you have a cool snack mat to use instead!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Susan! Aww, what a shame. I'm sorry your machine needs a tune-up. If I lived closer, I would raise my hand in a second for that hand sewing of the binding. I LOVE doing that!! In fact, I have a quilt with me today to enjoy during my lunch hour. HAHA! ~smile~ Roseanne

Susie said...

I have jobs like that. I was going to make sewing machine christmas decorations and they would not stay together and trying to sew around the curves they ended up looking like Treacle had been chewing them!! Needless to say they went in the bin!!! I made a book cover from a blog (can't remember which one now) and it came out really well. I will try and find it. Hugs, Susie xx