Welcome to Farm Quilter

Enjoy your stay under the variable skies of Eastern Washington and watch the seasons change, from planting to harvest here on the farm...be sure to wrap up in a quilt during the winter, it's cold!!

Thursday, February 27, 2020

I'm Working on It!

I was asked to participate in the Quilt Crazy Queens Making Us Laugh blog hop that starts on March 18, so I'm working on that project - and I'm to the quilting stage!!!  I tried a new-to-me technique and fell in love with it!!

I am also working on a mystery quilt with Alycia of Alycia Quilts - I cut for a king size quilt (am I crazy??).

There is an amazing quilter I have "met" on Facebook, in the Free Motion Quilting Frenzy group, named Sarah and she is quilting a OBW...EVERY hexie is being quilted in a different quilting motif!!  I was smitten and she is amazing, sweet and humble...and totally amazing with her mad longarm quilting skills!  The first quilt I saw of hers was a NYB done in creams and white - it is currently doing the quilt show circuit, so if you see it, really look at the lace, pearls, and the quilting!  Sarah is truly an amazing artist with needle and thread!!  So, because of Sarah, I'm doing my own OBW...it is also all cut out and about 1/3 sewn!

4 comments:

Susie said...

Just love the Blog Hops and seeing how everybody does something different. Can't wait to see what you are working on. King size quilts are enormous to do but so cuddly when done especially on a double (Queen) size bed although my DH hogs the quilt it if it like that!!!!!!

Can't wait to see your OBW quilt I always love the colours and patterns you choose.

Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs, Susie & Treacle xxx

Janice Holton said...

What is an OBW? :)

Carol Andrews said...

Ooooh! You are busy. I can’t wait to see your mystery quilt. I was going to do Alycia’s Mystery but had to wait since life got in my way. The same for the Quilt Qwazy Hop. I was a stop on the hop last year and had so much fun. Looking forward to a hop full of eye candy and giggles! 😄 Carol

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

Can't wait to see what you've quilted for the QQQ Blog Hop! I'm participating also and working on my project...but not quite to quilting stage, but have all my blocks cut out and a few sewn together!! I, too, am wondering what an OBW quilt is??