Welcome to Farm Quilter

Enjoy your stay under the variable skies of Eastern Washington and watch the seasons change, from planting to harvest here on the farm...be sure to wrap up in a quilt during the winter, it's cold!!

Friday, August 28, 2020

Home

I came home yesterday, Thursday, so that is the great news.  My pain is controlled by Tylenol, so that is also a good thing.  My youngest daughter is still here with her boys, 1 & 3, trying to pack up most of my dad's home to take back to Oklahoma with her for her new house.  It is nice to know that another couple of generations will be enjoying the furniture and furnishings.  I'll be missing a few things - like the dining room table I have been sewing on, but it is one step closer to me going home.  My oldest daughter ran out of time to get all her stuff out of here so she is planning on coming here for Christmas to pick up the remainder of the pictures and mementos she wants.

I'm exhausted and can't really help with packing because bending hurts.  I have 5 different incisions across my stomach, from side to side.  It is quite swollen, but I hope it will go down soon.

12 comments:

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

So glad you are home and your pain is controlled with Tylenol. Swelling will go down in a few days hopefully. Rest and take good care of yourself. Enjoy the rest of the time with your daughter and grandsons.

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Thank you for the update! I have been thinking about you and praying. 😊🙏🏻

The Joyful Quilter said...

Thanks for letting us know that you are out of the hospital and doing fairly well. Remember to take it easy and allow yourself time to heal.

Susan said...

I'm glad you are home and hope you are resting. There is nothing worse for rest than a hospital. I hope the healing of those incisions is fast and you are soon back up to speed, with everything you hoped for from this surgery. Your daughter who e-mailed me is so sweet! Thanks for letting us know you are home and moving on. No bending and lifting! =)

Barb Neiwert said...

Best wishes for continued healing and taking care of details.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Oh Susan - so glad you are home - please do not over do! Glad the pain is manageable - be a good girl and let others do the work! You can supervise! Hugs

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Glad to know you are through the worst of it, take care and I hope your recovery goes quickly.

Needled Mom said...

So glad to hear you are safely home. Rest and be kind to yourself.

Kathy E. said...

Oh my!!! You've been through a lot in the past few months! It seems you're on the downhill slide back to home and living a more "normal" life. You are blessed to have such a wonderful family and a father that loved you. Take your time to heal and let everything else fall into place. Blessings of strength to you!

Carol Swift said...

My goodness, you've had a rough few months. I'm so sorry about your father and that you've had to have surgery. I hope you're doing better!

K Reeves said...

somehow I missed these posts, but saw your comment on Elefantz and came over to check on you!. As I study the dates, that was when DH was having a bad bout, so I probably missed the posts over on blogger. I am glad that your kids were there for you, and that you were able to spend time together as well as have help with some decisions about your parent's things. I do hope that you have mended and are in the final stages of healing. This has been such a long haul for you, praying that you are soon home in your home and reunited with your husband. Praying for a burst of energy to help you through and the grace and peace that comes from knowing Jesus. XXOO

dq said...

It has been awhile and I have missed your comments. Are you doing ok emotionally? It sounds like yur year has been bumpy.