Welcome to Farm Quilter

Enjoy your stay under the variable skies of Eastern Washington and watch the seasons change, from planting to harvest here on the farm...be sure to wrap up in a quilt during the winter, it's cold!!

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Joan's Quilt



I have been busy up in my quilting loft quilting this beautiful quilt for my customer, Joan.  I just put it in the mail to her!  Only 2 weeks on the frame...I wanted to keep it, so beautiful!!!  The recipient is a gardener, so Joan requested leaves.  She also wanted it "puffy", so I used a Hobbs poly batting and a Quilter's Dream Poly.  I love doing custom quilting, so I turned feathers into leaves by changing the shape a bit and adding a spine.   Beautifully pieced - yep, that border with the parallelogram was paper pieced!

No comments: