Welcome to Farm Quilter

Enjoy your stay under the variable skies of Eastern Washington and watch the seasons change, from planting to harvest here on the farm...be sure to wrap up in a quilt during the winter, it's cold!!

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

IT. IS. FINISHED!!!!! Two Hearts in Love

I finished my daughter's wedding quilt!  All I have left to do is wash and dry it, but that will wait for when I get to my dad's house since his bathtub has a hand-held shower nozzle so rinsing will be easier.  It took me a year to piece the top - I tested a pattern for Jenel Looney called Two Hearts in Love and you can find the free pattern here.  That became the center of the quilt, but it wasn't as big as my daughter wanted, so I got out the graph paper and graphed out the woven border - that was HARD with the HST/QSTs, but it is lovely!  Next came the Delectable Mountain border - I had never made this block before so it was lots of fun and I made enough that the extra blocks are going to be the guest book at the wedding, so she'll get another quilt!  Still too small, so I added the small ombre pink border and the larger white on black border.  The quilt will be hanging behind the cake table at the wedding, so I'll grab a few shots of it when it is hanging!!
Here is the whole thing!  I thought it was 105x105, but when I did the binding, I was short a bit, so it is a little larger than that.

I took the quilt with me when I went to Florida last summer and after spending 3 weeks in England with my quilting buddies, I stayed an extra week at one of their houses, pieced the back of the quilt and used her longarm (it has IQ on it and I love IQ, wish I had it too!) for 12 hours a day for 8 days to get some of the quilting done.  Brought it home with me and didn't get it back on the frame until April (customer quilts come first), worked on in a while, took it off to do some more customer quilts, but I got smart!  I schedule the month of July for finishing it - her wedding is August 1, so I kinda had to get on it!!  So, here are some pictures of over 200 hours of quilting:



Can you see the E?

Can you see the T?

Now, here is the back:







And the label!
I used Superior Threads So Fine pink, black and while on the top and their Bottom Line pink, black and white for my bobbin.  I made the label on my Bernina Artista with So Fine and Bottom Line.  Now to finish the placemats for the flower girls and I am done with the things I created for the wedding!!!  I am so excited to get everything finished!!  I'll be linking up again with Sew BitterSweet when it is time to post our July finishes.  I've linked up with Sew BitterSweet for the Lovely Year of Finishes - July Finishes Party!!



18 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Absolutely stunning! So proud of you for finishing early. Now you can breathe and really enjoy all the falderal leading up to the wedding.

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Wow!! That is gorgeous!!!!

Jenel said...

WOW!!!!!! That is so beautiful!!!!! The quilting is just stunning. And the multiple borders you added are perfect. I hope your daughter and her husband treasure this work of art as an heirloom during a very long, very happy marriage.

Renee said...

Beautiful quilt! Love the quilting, it really compliments the design!

Anonymous said...

Amazing, it is absolutley beautiful. They are a lucky couple.

Helen@Till We Quilt Again said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! This is a heirloom quilt from the colors, the design, the quilting to the label! Absolutely Gorgeous!

Lesley said...

The quilt is absolutely stunning! Gorgeous!

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Well done - that's gorgeous! x

Jane's Quilting said...

Oh, that is sooo beautiful! I love it! And I really like what you put on your label. I am heading over to get your pattern now, thank you.

Jane's Quilting said...

Oh, that is sooo beautiful! I love it! And I really like what you put on your label. I am heading over to get your pattern now, thank you.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What a beautiful quilt and look at all the travels it has already done!! That is a lot of quilting on it but worth it.

Mara said...

This is beautiful and so amazing.

Anonymous said...

Stunning quilt how nice for your daughter!

Jo said...

Completely and totally beautiful.

Sparky said...

this is lovely....and your quilting outstanding..

Darla said...

Beautiful quilt. I am sure your daughter was proud of it.

Nicky said...

I'm sure it will be much loved! Thanks for linking up to #scraptastictuesday

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Isn't it fun to look back at your projects....this one is amazing. I bet they are cherishing it.