Welcome to Farm Quilter

Enjoy your stay under the variable skies of Eastern Washington and watch the seasons change, from planting to harvest here on the farm...be sure to wrap up in a quilt during the winter, it's cold!!

Saturday, July 14, 2018

Hand Quilt Along

I actually picked up my needle and thread!!  I am surprised at myself.  I really don't like hand work but I really love this quilt that I am trying to finish within the next 10 years!!  So I added 7 more curvy geese to the total and now it looks like this:
Can you tell the difference between the curvy geese and the ones I haven't gotten to yet?

I haven't just been sewing to be creative.  I went to a class Thursday night with my Daughter #2 (she is moving from Hawaii to Georgia and I am her first stop on that journey across the country) at a place called Board and Brush.  I got a head start on Christmas by making this for my niece and her husband to hang at their farm/ranch where they raise chickens and cattle.
Their oldest son is really into the chickens and has had a small flock of his own to take care of for the last year or so...he is now six!  I hope they like it.

Still waiting on the baby to be born...another week or so!!  I hope to have a picture of her and her quilt soon!!

This Hand Quilt Along is an opportunity for hand quilters and piecers to share and motivate one another. We post every three weeks, to show our progress and encourage one another.  If you have a hand quilting project and would like to join our group contact Kathy at the link below.
Kathy

Lori
Margaret
Kerry
Emma
Tracy
Deb
Connie
Deborah
Susan
Jessica
Sherry
Nannette
Edi
Sharon
Bella
Sassy --> That's me!



7 comments:

K Reeves said...

I love seeing the color change on this quilt! Good for you picking up your needle, seven more done! YES! I bet you are so impatient to meet sweet Liberty, looking forward to seeing the photos after a safe and uneventful delivery.😊

Connie said...

Your quilt is quite striking!! The black background with the colorful pieces looks so fun!

Susie said...

The quilt is coming along nicely and can wait to see it finished. I love the sign and it will be great as a Christmas Gift. I find it very hard to find these kind of things over here which are good quality. How great to have your own flock of chickens and it is great for children to grow up with that kind of responsibility I always feel that children should have the care of a pet or animal as it teaches them to be kind. Can't wait to see the pictures of the new baby and the quilt, I hope the Mom-to-be is coping with the summer heat. Our Eldest was born in 1995 when it was as hot as it is now and he was born on the hottest day of the year!!! I was so glad when he was born as I could not get comfortable at all. Hugs & Love Susie xx

Moira said...

Love the quilt.....But I wouldn't want to do all the handwork you are! lol

The Crafty Creek said...

Stunning quilt, the colours look amazing, look forward to seeing it finished, so hopefully won't be in 10 years :-)

Www.quiltingneeds.com said...

Your quilt is pretty and looks incredibly Difficult, but beautiful.

Karrin Hurd said...

Great work, and I love the sign!