Doing the happy dance here...I met my goal for September!! This is a "Treasure" quilt challenge for my longarm guild - Inland Northwest Machine Quilters. We paid $50 to be in this challenge and two ladies went to garage sales, estate sales, and thrift shops to find quilt tops. All the tops were put in paper bags and numbered...then the fun began! They pulled names out of a basket and we got to come up and take an envelope that contained the number of the bag containing our "treasure". Some were in better shape then others and no two were alike! Mine is a single Irish chain probably hand pieced back in the 60s. So many of the seams were coming apart that I ended up taking the whole quilt apart and putting it back together. I did change the layout of the colors a little, just because I wanted to. I quilted in using traditional patterns that the quilter who started it might have used.
This is an example of the holes and the 1/16th to 1/8th inch seam allowance
Now I have a quilt that I really like!!
I am linking up with the finish party at Sew BitterSweet Designs.
Congratulations on your finish. That is a very unique idea for a project...it sounds like fun!
It's beautiful! I could see the quilting in one border very well, and it is beautiful. What a wonderful quilt you have now.
Beauty, absolute beauty, what a great job you did Finishing this saved quilt.
I really think your update on the top turned out beautifully. It's great that your group was able to breathe new life into someone's old work. A wonderful idea.
Just lovely! Congratulations on your finish :)
Really a beautiful finish!
Post a Comment