Whew, I made it! I am linking up with Sew BitterSweet Designs declaring my finish for August. I really didn't realize how many little pieces were in this quilt until I took it apart and put it back together!! The small squares started out at 2", but after I sewed them into 4Ps, it was obvious that I was going to have to trim them - so much fraying had eaten away at the edges that there was no way that I could sew them together and have them be any uniform size, so there were all trimmed down to 3 1/4"...and that meant that all the larger squares had to come down in size as well. It took me about 6 hours to just trim all the blocks! But I finished getting it all put back together and now have a quilt that measures 60" square. It used to be 69" square...amazing what having a 1/4 seam allowance and some trimming down will do for a quilt!
It's a beauty and I wouldn't give it away, myself. You put a lot of work into it!
Post a Comment