Welcome to Farm Quilter

Enjoy your stay under the variable skies of Eastern Washington and watch the seasons change, from planting to harvest here on the farm...be sure to wrap up in a quilt during the winter, it's cold!!

Tuesday, May 22, 2018

GDPR

Have you all been getting lots of emails telling you that to be in compliance with the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) they (whoever is sending you the email) need you to confirm that you still want to receive emails from them?  After receiving several of these emails, I needed to find out what GDPR was, just to satisfy my curiosity. 

GDPR is coming from the European Union to protect your information on the internet.  Like most laws and regulations from any government, they are about 20 years too late and way too verbose for anyone but an attorney to be interested in reading. 

I have no clue if GDPR applies to blogs that don't sell anything, but just to be sure, you can opt out of receiving notices or following my infrequent posts either with an "unfollow" at the bottom of the email that tells you I've actually posted something or on Bloglovin by going to your page that controls the blogs you follow that way.

I promise that if by some miracle I start posting once a day (or more...but I don't know how they do that!), I'll give you fair warning before you are inundated by posts from me!  Since I don't think you are interested in what I cooked/ate/cleaned, I don't think there is any danger of that!


2 comments:

Susie said...

As you can imagine here in the UK we are having to do a lot with this and in our business. It is to do with data which is held, emails, phone numbers, addresses, dates of birth etc, by companies to be used by them.

They are trying to stop other people getting access to them so for our business as we keep data on the companies we do work with or hoping to then all our data has to be encrypted on our computers. So if we ever had a breach the data cannot fall into anyone elses hands.

As you can imagine with the swimmming club where we have details of the swimmers and their parents then we are having to encrypt all that data.

The reason the emails are being sent is because at some point they have retained your email address and they are having to find out if you still want them to keep the address. If not then they will remove your email from their database.

Hope this helps to explain it a little better and let me know if you want to know anything else. I am now quite up on it having had to deal with it for the past year!!!

Hugs, Susie xx

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I am with you - it made for a lot more emails in my inbox ;-)