Welcome to Farm Quilter

Enjoy your stay under the variable skies of Eastern Washington and watch the seasons change, from planting to harvest here on the farm...be sure to wrap up in a quilt during the winter, it's cold!!

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Testing a Quilt Pattern

I had the wonderful opportunity to test a quilt pattern for Jenel Looney called Two Hearts in Love.  Her pattern was inspired by the romance author Susan Mallery.  She is Susan's assistant and she created this pattern as a gift for Susan.  She has submitted her pattern to a quilting magazine but said I could share a picture with you before the magazine came out with it.  I will admit, she designed the heart portion of the quilt, but finished her pattern with a solid border...well, I like pieced borders and wanted the finished quilt to be larger (I will still be adding more borders to get it queen-sized), so I came up with the woven ribbons border.  Currently it is 57"x73".  I LOVE this pattern and it has become my go-to pattern for wedding quilts!!!

2 comments:

Jo said...

Your quilt is wonderful. I bet it was fun testing the pattern.

lynne said...

i just saw your post on stash busters regarding your next solid border, and had asked about the pattern there. then, i came back here and nosed around. i must say, that your border(s) makes the quilt in my book and i would love to recreated it. the center is lovely and your fabrics too. i use deborah cohen's trinity knot work pattern for my go to wedding quilt, but may have to change over to this one, MUCH easier to do LOL