Welcome to Farm Quilter

Enjoy your stay under the variable skies of Eastern Washington and watch the seasons change, from planting to harvest here on the farm...be sure to wrap up in a quilt during the winter, it's cold!!

Monday, August 31, 2015

A Lovely Year of Finishes - August 2015

Whew, I made it!  I am linking up with Sew BitterSweet Designs declaring my finish for August.  I really didn't realize how many little pieces were in this quilt until I took it apart and put it back together!!  The small squares started out at 2", but after I sewed them into 4Ps, it was obvious that I was going to have to trim them - so much fraying had eaten away at the edges that there was no way that I could sew them together and have them be any uniform size, so there were all trimmed down to 3 1/4"...and that meant that all the larger squares had to come down in size as well.  It took me about 6 hours to just trim all the blocks!  But I finished getting it all put back together and now have a quilt that measures 60" square.  It used to be 69" square...amazing what having a 1/4 seam allowance and some trimming down will do for a quilt!
It will make a lovely baby quilt...but one that has to be used a bit more gently since the fabrics are quite thin and may not withstand weekly washings!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a beauty and I wouldn't give it away, myself. You put a lot of work into it!