Welcome to Farm Quilter

Enjoy your stay under the variable skies of Eastern Washington and watch the seasons change, from planting to harvest here on the farm...be sure to wrap up in a quilt during the winter, it's cold!!

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

What I am Working On

This is my challenge piece, both for my guild's retreat (leaving on Sunday) and for my October goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes.  I'm about 3/4 finished with the quilting.  The color on the pictures is weird and I'm not sure why - it really is white (third picture shows the true color) but I thought I'd give you a peek of the quilting.



With so much negative space, I've been having fun playing with lots of designs.  I did choose a different design for each of the color blocks but kept the design the same in the pinwheels.  Of course, it is always fun to try out designs and styles I have never tried before...like smaller feathers with lots of echoing on them.  Definitely will be a heavily quilted quilt!

Edit:  I am joining Jo and her Pre-Mystery UFO Challenge over at Jo's Country Junction

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow, I love, love, love that! Your quilting is fabulous, and I'm so excited to see it. You're doing such beautiful work.