Welcome to Farm Quilter

Enjoy your stay under the variable skies of Eastern Washington and watch the seasons change, from planting to harvest here on the farm...be sure to wrap up in a quilt during the winter, it's cold!!

Thursday, July 17, 2014

A Little Busy

This summer has been flying by!  I was helping a friend sort through some shirts for a t-shirt quilt she wants me to make for her daughter.
Just a few shirts to choose from!  When she narrows the choices down, I'll get it put together!

Then I did a fun quilt for my customer, Joan.  It was so long that my friends had to hold it sideways or it would have been on the ground!!
All those pretty squares!!!  Of course, she sent a solid cream backing fabric for me to stress over!





In the pink squares I did a 6 different designs, modern quilting style.  In the greens and blues I did some swirls and a couple different kinds of feathers.  Took a bit of time, but worth it in the end.  The border was fun with deeply curved feathers.  In the small inner border I did e's and l's facing each other - makes for a lacy looking design.  She loves the look of the back of the quilt and has decided that she'll have to use solid backings on all her quilts that I quilt for her so she can see the quilting!!!

I am working on my daughter's wedding quilt, getting up early so I can quilt upstairs while it is cool because in the afternoons, with no a/c, it heats up something fierce and I just can't quilt when it is over 90 and I'm dripping sweat on the quilt!!!

What have you been up to?



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks like that mom has been saving t-shirts for a while! I can see why your friend loves that backing. You did a beautiful job.