Welcome to Farm Quilter

Enjoy your stay under the variable skies of Eastern Washington and watch the seasons change, from planting to harvest here on the farm...be sure to wrap up in a quilt during the winter, it's cold!!

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Divisive or Inclusive?

Are you a quilter or do you think of yourself as a traditionalist or maybe a modern quilter?  Sam, who blogs over at Hunter's Design Studio has the most marvelous discussion on her blog today!  We can unite to get a website who steals our blog content eliminiated...united, quilters are POWERFUL!

                                         (yep, got this great graphic from Sam too!!)

I have pieced mostly traditional quilts, but I'm working on a "modern" one right now.  Most of the quilts I have quilted for my customers are traditional, but I did this beauty for one of my customers.  Personally, I just love quilts!  I love the time, energy and love that goes into every fabric/pattern choice, cut and stitch.  I have seen some quilts that I would really not want in my home (I'll admit it, I've made some of them and they DO live here!!), but I can still appreciate the time and effort put into the creation of the quilt.  Donation quilts...I just happen to believe that if I am donating a quilt to some cause, it deserves my very best effort...I will guarantee you that it will NOT be perfect!  I am not the best piecer in the world, nor am I the best quilter, but I do all right with piecing and I think I quilt much better than I piece.  So go check out Sam's blog - it really got me thinking!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are too many things that are dividing people lately, which don't need to, and I would like quilting NOT to be one. I have done traditional and modern, pieced and appliqued, hand and machine, longarm and walking foot. I don't want to be classified as any ONE thing. =)

Libby in TN said...

I will admit that I was put off when I first heard about modern quilting -- the nerve of such people to mess with tradition! But I find now that I am drawn to so-called modern quilts and realize that it's all just quilting.