Welcome to Farm Quilter

Enjoy your stay under the variable skies of Eastern Washington and watch the seasons change, from planting to harvest here on the farm...be sure to wrap up in a quilt during the winter, it's cold!!

Monday, March 17, 2014

Finished Hearth and Home Customer Quilt

Finally finished this king-sized beauty.  After 2 months of quilting on it, I felt like I was giving up a member of the family!  My customer loved it and that makes me happy.  Here are a few more pictures.

Two of us standing on chairs and so much of the quilt was still on the floor!  I love the medallion center with the sampler of blocks surrounded by - I haven't a clue what the name of the half-cream-half maroon block so if you know, please tell me - and the basket blocks.

This is just the "sampler" portion of the quilt.  It was really fun to figure out what quilting to do in each block.  In addition to the other quilting, I did SID on almost every piece of fabric in these blocks.  I tried to quilt lots in the light fabric to let the darker colors of the blocks pop out.









Details of some of the blocks.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You really do nice work! Do you quilt by appointment? These gorgeous things do take time.

dq said...

This quilt is fantastic - piecing, quilting, fabric selection, and all! I can't stop looking at it. Thanks for sharing!

Linda said...

Oh my gosh I love this quilt and I have been looking for the pattern. I’m not sure if you’ll see this comment since it’s from so long ago but if you know of anyone who has this pattern or if you still have this pattern and would like to sell it I would love to have it. She also has one called Conestoga Crossing and it’s almost the same but the blocks are a little different. Please email me and let me know if you have this Or know of someone who has it that they’d like to sell.
Thank you so much, Linda last

Farm Quilter said...

Linda, I hope you come back to read this, but you don't have an email attached to your profile. This was a customer's quilt, not mine, so I do not have the pattern, I'm sorry.